Another iPhone lockscreen bypass vulnerability found in iOS 7.02: Earlier this week, Apple released iOS 7.0.2 just to fix some Lockscreen bugs in iOS 7 and but a researcher has found a new Lockscreen bug in new iOS 7.0.2.
This new Lockscreen bug is found by Dany Lisiansky, and he uploaded a proof of concept video on YouTube with the complete step by step guide.
Unlike the previous bugs it will not expose your Email, Photos, Facebook and Twitter but allows attackers to access your phone call history, voicemails and entire list of contacts.
A step by step guide released by iDownloadblog:
- Make a phone call (with Siri / Voice Control)
- Click the FaceTime button
- When the FaceTime App appears, click the Sleep button
- Unlock the iPhone
- Answer and End the FaceTime call at the other end
- Wait a few seconds
- Done. You are now in the phone app